Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolate Espresso Bars

This recipe came from a Williams-Sonoma cookbook, and you're going to love it. Chocolate Espresso Bars! They are rich and strong, but not too sweet. Don't think "brownie", think ESPRESSO!


I'm going to forward you to their website for the recipe but I want to make a few notes. Instant Espresso powder is hard to find but don't substitute it with espresso grounds (like a reviewer on their website did). Instead, try instant coffee. I used Trader Joe's Instant Coffee. I doubled the amount they asked for to give it a stronger flavor.

I added 1/2 cup of sugar (like a reviewer suggested)

And... I didn't have heavy cream for the glaze. I melted 1/4 cup of coffee icecream and added the 4 oz of chocolate. Ohh man it was good.

And, here is the recipe you've been waiting for:
williams-sonoma.com

No comments: