Friday, July 4, 2008

Sweet Chili Lime Tofu

This was my first time cooking quinoa, which was surprisingly easy and tasty. Quinoa is very high in protein, and considered a complete protein due to the presence of all eight essential amino acids. The recipe came from Lolo at Veganyumyum, who I completely idolize. I haven’t tried one recipe from her that I didn’t love. I’m almost hesitant to post the recipe here, since she created it… I don’t really know the ethics involved here… hrmm.




Hrmmm! I feel weird enough about re-posting the recipe here, that I’ll just link to it: Veganyumyum

When I made it, I skipped the mint. Yuck. I also skipped the lime zest, anything optional, used chili powder instead of flakes, and baby spinach instead of collard greens.

I was feeling creative and decided to play Top Chef. I put down a bed of spinach, then used a measuring cup to make my little quinoa sand-castle. I arranged the tofu around it, and garnished with extra lime. My fiancĂ© almost cackled with glee when he realized he would get to “destroy” it. He reminded me of this kid:

No comments: